The Vegan Vision Workshops
Join me at the Vegan Vision Workshops, which are part of the People’s Vegan Activists Summit, at the London Vegfest on Sunday, October 11, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Olympia Central Levels 1 and 3.
The Vegan Vision Workshops are three one-hour consecutive expert panels in vegan advocacy and living. The workshops feature internationally-respected panels of experts in food and nutrition, animal rights and cruelty-free living. Each workshop, which is chaired by Kim Stallwood, includes an opportunity to ask questions.
Attend all three workshops or select the ones you would like to attend.
Kim Stallwood says,
People become vegan for a variety of reasons, including animal cruelty, environmental protection, food production, and human health. While vegans are united in boycotting animal ingredients and products, there is a variety of viewpoints and perspectives on how to live as a vegan in a non-vegan world. Join me at the Vegan Vision Workshops to learn from and share with an outstanding, international panel of experts in medicine, campaigning, cooking, and much more.
Workshop 1 — 11am – 12noon
What’s the most effective way to encourage and help people go — and stay — vegan?
- Matthew Glover & Jane Land, Co-founders, Veganuary, U.K.
- Dobrusia Gogloza, Co-founder, Open Cages (Otwarte Klatki), Poland
Workshop 2 — 12noon – 1pm
What’s the most effective way to campaign for living as a vegan and make vegan values mainstream?
- Jasmijn de Boo, Chief Executive Officer, Vegan Society, U.K.
- Tobias Leenaert, The Vegan Strategist and Founder, Ethical Vegetarian Alternative, Belgium
- Sean O’Callaghan, Fat Gay Vegan, U.K.
Workshop 3 — 1pm – 2pm
What do we imagine a vegan society to be like?
- Dr. Melanie Joy, author of Why we Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism, and Founder and President, Beyond Carnism, U.S.A.
- Kerry McCarthy, Labour Member of Parliament for Bristol East, U.K.
- Kay Peggs, Professor of Sociology and Animal Studies, Centre for Animal Welfare, University of Winchester, and author, Animals and Sociology
Click here for more information on the Vegan Vision Workshops and the London Vegfest.