European Director. Consultant Reporting to Executive Director and Managing Director. 2007 to 2013
- Advises on program development, fundraising and organisational management, with special emphasis on high donor relationships
Animals and Society Institute, Baltimore, MD USA; 2005-2007
Co-Founder and Co-Executive Director. Reported to the Board of Directors. Full-time employee.
Institute for Animals and Society, Baltimore MD USA; 2002-2005
Executive Director. Reported to the Board of Directors. Full-time employee. Management of staff responsibilities.
- Responsible for programs, publications (e.g., policy papers, experts guide), communications, website, management, public speaking and fundraising (annual budget $250-300k)
- In 2005 co-founded the Animals and Society Institute by merging the Institute for Animals and Society with the Society and Animals Forum
- In 2002 reinvented The Animals’ Agenda magazine and its not-for-profit publisher, Animal Rights Network, into the Institute for Animals and Society
- Largest single gift solicited was $75,000, a three-year pledge of $25,000 annually
- Created The Animals’ Platform, a national campaign to make animal welfare a mainstream political issue, which was based on Stallwood’s involvement with the British general election of 1979 and 1983 and the ‘Putting Animals into Politics’ campaigns
- Co-produced with Professor Tom Regan and the Culture and Animals Foundation the International Compassionate Living Festival 2004-2008, with such speakers as Marc Bekoff, John Mackey, Jeffrey Masson, Miyun Park, and Jill Robinson
- Consultant and co-instructor, Community College of Baltimore County, in the design and creation of content of two three-credit classes on campus and online in ‘Animals and Society’